We are pleased to announce new software for the Simrad® NSO evo2 processor. This major release includes the following improvements:
- Support for DI15 monitors when connected to an NSO evo2 processor
- Updated Navionics® library to solve issues related to Navionics subscription management, card activation and the Plotter Sync feature
This release also includes all the features of the previous release.
- Multiple network echo sounder support
- Auto Gain and TVG sonar improvements
- Navionics® SonarChart Live
- Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting*
- Navionics Plotter Sync
- NMEA 2000® Entertainment and Audio Enhancements
Multiple network echo sounder support:
- Previously, only one echosounder source could be viewed on the network at any time. In this new software, users can view and control two independent, live sonar sources from a single display. **
- Each echosounder source can now be given a “nickname” to make source selection easier
- MFDs that have an internal echosounder and don’t have an transducer connected can now be disabled to reduce the source list on large networks
**Important. To support the multi-network echo sounder feature, please update any connected SonarHub™ or StructureScan® 3D modules to the latest software (56.1.142).
After all software updates have been installed, restore sonar defaults. On an MFD go to Settings>Echo> press Restore Sonar Defaults, wait 30 seconds, power down the system (all MFD’s, SonarHubs and StructureScan 3D modules) then restart the system.
The multi network echo sounder is not active if a BSM-1, BSM2 or BSM3 or NSS sport MFD is on the network.
Auto Gain and TVG Sonar improvements
This software contains improvements to Auto Gain calculations and TVG "feathering" of surface clutter.
- The Auto Gain calculation changes attempt to control display noise speckle over a wider range of transducer installs and vessel speeds
- TVG control now adapts on a ping-by-ping basis to feather the surface clutter into the water column without displaying any visible banding as was present on previous versions. TVG now has 4 levels of control:
- OFF – no TVG attenuation of the sonar ping. All information is shown
- TVG1 – significant reduction in surface clutter but clutter ‘speckle’ will still show through near the surface
- TVG2 – further attenuation of surface clutter. Some speckle will be seen and fish targets will still appear near the surface
- TVG3 – Very minor speckle should be seen near the surface. Significant fish targets will appear near the surface but smaller bait fish are likely to be filtered out
- Naviconics® Dock-to-dock* is an improvement of the current Navionics Autorouting algorithm. Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting quickly calculates a detailed route even through narrow passages and channels, based on chart data and navigation aids.
- Naviconics SonarChart™ Live** Allows the creation of personal 1 ft/0.5 m HD bathymetry maps in real time on the Simrad MFD. With SonarChart™ Live, users can engage the sonar to create new and increasingly detailed charts everywhere they go.
- Navionics Tide Correction for SonarChart Live**. When selected, the tide correction feature uses information from nearby tide stations (if available) to adjust the depth values used by SonarChart Live as the sonar is recorded.
- Naviconics Plotter Sync*** allows the synchronization of routes and waypoints between the Navionics mobile device App and a Simrad MFD. It can also update the Navionics chart card in the MFD with the latest chart data.
* Units designed for sale in the U.S. region, do not have ANY Autorouting capabilities. All Autorouting features from all charting partners are disabled on all non-U.S. units, when they are used in U.S. territorial waters. Dock-to-dock feature requires a Navionics chart card with an active chart updates subscription.
** SonarChart™ Requires a Navionics chart card with an active chart updates subscription.
***Plotter Sync requires a Navionics app with an active subscription and a Navionics chart card with an active chart updates subscription. Requires MFD with internal Wi-FI or connected to a WIFI-1 module.
- NMEA 2000 Audio enhancements. Enables Simrad MFDs to work directly with third-party audio equipment that conforms to the NMEA 2000 entertainment protocol, including
- JL Audio® – MediaMaster® MM100s
- Prospec Electronics – Infinity® INFPRV450/INFMBB400/INFMBB4030
- ASA Electronics – Polk® Ultramarine PA4A
- Added ability to enter a depth offset for a Structure scan transducer
- Added a user definable speed threshold for TripIntel in Settings > Tracks and Trips.
- Tide station search. Some customers have reported the tide station search been empty when using newer Navionics charts. The Issue has been identified and fixed
- Fixed a bug with Halo™ Radar Custom Threshold values not being saved
- Tide stations not found when set to language other than English
- Default metric units for distance is now NM and speed is now knots after reset for Non US English languages
- Issue resolved where imported tracks were sometimes corrupted