We are pleased to announce new software for the Simrad® GO series of multifunction displays. This major release incorporates some great new features and improvements including:
- New control bars for quick Autopilot or Audio adjustment
- Unlockable features available from the GoFree shop (GoFree unlock)
- Support for Search and Rescue operations
This software and release notes can be downloaded from the download page on the Simrad-yachting website.
The controls for a connected Autopilot or Audio server are now accessed from the new control bar located on the left hand of the screen.
Selecting the Autopilot control button will expand to reveal Autopilot controller, showing the active mode, heading, rudder and various steering information depending on active autopilot mode.
Selecting the Audio control button will expand to reveal the new Audio Controller
Additional functionality and features can now be purchased and can be unlocked on the Multifunction Display using the new Feature Unlock menu item under Settings. (This is only visible when a compatible device is connected)
- East/West identifier missing from WPTs when cord sys is set to Degrees / Minutes / Seconds
- Dock to Dock outside of the USA: A fix has been implemented for the feature not working on some units with certain Navionics charts in Europe
- Dock-2-Dock is no longer supported in US waters • Dock to Dock and Autorouting on units sold out side the USA: This feature is now Geo-fenced to NOT to work within U.S. Waters
- A power control fix has been implemented to work with Fusion MS-BB300 radios.
- Screen shot files are now named using the Date and Time. The new file name format is “Screenshot_2017-07-06_05.01.12.png”. The file used to be named “shot001.png”
- An enhancement to some of the sonar palettes over the previous release 57.1.207. Changes to palettes two – five, enhance the targets while reducing noise and clutter.