RELEASE DATE: December 2017
We are pleased to announce new software for the Halo radar pedestal. The new version is 126.96.36.199 and supersedes 5.3.14. This software release contains the new feature Velocity Track™.
New Feature: Velocity Track
VelocityTrack™ technology provides instant visual feedback on the motion of radar targets in relation to your boat. This powerful add-on offers yet another way for Halo™ radar to improve your situational awareness and reduce your risk of collision. Using the Doppler effect, the VelocityTrack™ feature is able to detect motion on the first radar sweep for a useful view straight from standby. This feature is available for any new or existing Halo™ radar system via the purchase of a one-time unlock code. Radar system requires a heading sensor with 10 Hz output or greater.
- Greater situational awareness to help reduce your risk of collision
- Instantly identify how radar targets are moving in relation to your boat
- Automatic colour coding highlights approaching targets
- Optional colour coding de-emphasises diverging targets
- Detect motion from the first radar sweep
- Compatible with all Halo™ radar models and NSS evo2/3, NSO evo2/3 displays, and R2009/R3016 standalone radar displays
Purchasing a feature unlock
Unlock codes can be purchased from the GoFree Shop website. You will need a GoFree Shop account and a Request Code generated by their MFD
To generate a request code on the MFD Select HOME>Settings>Feature Unlock. Follow the onscreen prompts.
Velocity track feature unlock requires the MFD to have software 57.1.207 or higher and the Halo radar pedestal to have this version or higher.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THE RI-12 HAS THE LATEST SOFTWARE BEFORE UPGRADING THE HALO PEDESTAL.