NSO evo2 & Insight Charts
Enhancing the helms of the world’s leading powerboats and sportfishing vessels, the NSO evo2 offers a distributed MFD system for integrated charting, echosounder, radar, autopilot, entertainment, and more.
The NSO evo2 is ideally suited to enthusiast and professional mariners, typically with boats 10m (35’) or larger.
Unlike other, higher-priced distributed systems, the NSO evo2 offers dual high-definition video outputs, for two completely independent displays. With a lightning fast quad-core processor, it provides quick response in both single- and dual-display installations.
Easily manage multiple displays across a helm station with Bridge Control. Link up to four displays as a ‘bridge’, then create your own bridge presets for activities such as docking, navigation, fishing, or diving. Bridge presets control what appears on each display, and let you configure an entire helm station with just one simple action.
Bridge Control effortlessly extends to vessels with dual helms or multiple stations, with the ability to define up to four separate bridges. Each bridge has its own displays and presets: set up the cockpit with echosounder and StructureScan displays for fishing, while dedicating your flybridge displays to navigation and autopilot. Adapt your configuration as your needs or equipment change, with the ability to create, edit, and delete bridges and presets on the fly.
Bridge Control works with the NSO evo2, and any of the Simrad NSS evo2 multifunction displays. For more than two displays, additional NSO evo2 or NSS evo2 units are required.
Plan and Manage Trips with TripIntel™
Designed for power boaters, TripIntel technology tracks and displays the key information you need to plan safe and enjoyable days on the water. Make smart decisions with fuel range overlaid on charts, easy access to current and future tide levels, and a detailed history of your previous trips including the route you took and how your boat performed.
Achieve Maximum Fuel Economy
The NSO evo2 Cruise Performance Indicator makes it easy to tune trim and throttle while underway to achieve maximum fuel economy. Set targets suitable for your hull and engine combination and this smart graphical display helps you to stay in the “green zone”, maximising range and keeping fuel costs down.
Integrate and Expand
Simrad NSO evo2 systems can be expanded and enhanced to suit boaters’ specific needs, with easy NMEA 2000® and Ethernet connectivity to a vast selection of Simrad and third-party accessories.
Gain greater situational awareness with Simrad Broadband 4G™ or Halo™ Pulse Compression radar, get connected with GoFree™ wireless capabilities, and cruise to your own soundtrack with an NMEA 2000® compatible entertainment system such as the SonicHub®2 marine audio system with Bluetooth music streaming.
Choose from a wide range of cartography options to best suit your location and usage, with support for C-MAP MAX-N+, Navionics, Insight, Insight Genesis and NV Digital Charts. This model includes Insight charts (USA only).
Simrad Sounder Ready
The NSO evo2 can be paired with a range of Simrad sonar modules to meet your fishing or boating needs. Add StructureScan® 3D imaging to explore underwater terrain and fish-holding structure from an interactive 3D perspective, or connect one or more CHIRP sounder modules for reliable fish detection and accurate bottom tracking at all depths. NSO evo2 lets you view sonar data from multiple sources simultaneously, on a single display, with fully customisable split-screen configurations. Vertical heave compensation, available with the optional HS60 or HS70 satellite compass, removes the “wavy” vertical effect of ocean swells on sonar images – offering superior imaging of the seabed and fish targets.
Available with the optional WIFI-1 module, GoFree™ wireless capabilities connect your NSO evo2 glass bridge system to the world. Browse and purchase a wide range of cartography online from the GoFree™ Shop, downloading charts directly to your display’s memory card without leaving the helm. Upload sonar logs recorded during your voyages directly from your display to the Insight Genesis cloud service, which creates detailed depth-contour, vegetation location, and bottom hardness maps – the perfect way to better explore your favourite inland and coastal fishing spots. GoFree™ Wi-Fi also enables Navionics Plotter Sync waypoint synchronisation, available with a compatible chart card and update subscription.
Anywhere you have a wireless internet connection, you have access to GoFree™ services – from your marina’s Wi-Fi, to any harbour, coastal or inland waters with mobile service if you have a smartphone and mobile plan that support ‘tethering’ or ‘internet sharing’ (data charges may apply).
Out on the water, GoFree™ brings any display from your NSO system right to your iPhone or Android smartphone, and lets you control displays remotely from your iPad or Android tablet.
Easy System-Wide Software Updates
Driven by our strong commitments to quality and innovation, we regularly release free software updates to enhance the capabilities of Simrad multifunction displays, expansion modules and accessories. GoFree™ wireless capabilities make it easy to keep your entire Simrad system up to date, automatically downloading and installing the latest software not only for your display but for all compatible Simrad modules connected by NMEA 2000® or Ethernet.
Navionics Autorouting / C-MAP Easy Routing
Automatic routing brings the convenience of in-car navigation to boating, giving you the confidence to navigate unfamiliar waters and letting you get underway with less delay.
Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting and C-MAP Easy Routing are both fully supported on the NSO evo2. Simply select a destination, and the chartplotter will automatically suggest the shortest, safest route taking into consideration the draught and dimensions of your vessel.
Navionics Autorouting works with Navionics+ or Navionics Platinum charts. Easy Routing requires C-MAP MAX-N+ charts.
* Automatic routing features are unavailable in North America.
Navionics® SonarChart™ Live support
Enjoy the most up-to-date charts on the water with Navionics SonarChart Live. Available with Navionics charts, this feature creates a depth-contour overlay using live sonar data from your onboard sounder. The results are shown on your NSO evo2 system and updated in real-time as you fish or cruise.
C-MAP MAX-N+ support
The NSO evo2 supports the full range of C-MAP MAX-N+ charts and features. Find a safe berth with detailed harbour charts; high-definition photos and diagrams of ports and marinas; and C-Marina Port Info including hours of operation, VHF call-in details, and nearby accommodation and restaurants. Navigate easier with comprehensive information on navigational aids, a birds-eye Perspective View, Shaded Depths for enhanced chart visibility, and Dynamic Tides and Currents overlaid on charts in real-time.
Command and Control
The NSO evo2’s HEROiC user interface has been optimized for widescreen monitors, and includes multi-touch gesture support.
TouchSensible lets you command the NSO evo2 with a Simrad MO-series touchscreen monitor, or a traditional OP50 keypad and rotary dial. Combine the convenience of a touchscreen with classic controls that respond to wet or gloved hands, and offer precision on those days where boat motion makes it hard to use a touchscreen accurately.
Ideal for pilothouse use, add desktop-style controls for route planning and other detail-oriented tasks with USB mouse, trackball and keyboard support.
- Dual independent video outputs: whether installed with two monitors side-by-side or a monitor and a tablet, boaters can display a chart on one and sonar, radar, or any other panel on the other
- Easily manage multiple displays with Bridge Control
- Integrate with Simrad performance modules including 4G Broadband radar, BSM-3 CHIRP echosounder, StructureScan 3D, and more
- GoFree™ wireless technology for online chart downloads, map creation, system-wide software updates, and smartphone/tablet integration (requires optional Wi-Fi module)
- Includes Insight charts (USA only) plus full support for C-MAP MAX-N and Navionics cartography
- Bring the convenience of in-car navigation to boating with support for Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting and C-MAP Easy Routing
- Easier trip planning with TripIntel™ technology
- High-performance quad-core processor for rapid, responsive operation across both monitors
- Simrad HEROiC user interface, optimized for widescreen monitors and multi-touch gesture control
- Add traditional hands-on controls with the Simrad OP50 remote controller plus USB mouse, trackball, and keyboard support
- Compact and lightweight design for ease of installation, even on smaller vessels
What's in the box?
- N2K-T-RD Network T-Connector
- N2K-PWR-RD,MICRO-C,POWER CABLE+T-CONN
- N2KEXT-6RD,CABLE,MICRO-C, 1,8M
- CABLE RJ45M-5F ETH ADPTR NONWATERPRF
- CABLE SERIAL NMEA0183 LTW 8WAY 2M
- Waypoints, Routes, Tracks
- 6000 waypoints, 500 Routes with 100 max route points, 50 tracks with up to 12,000 track points.
- N2K PGNs
- Receive only59392 ISO Acknowledgement, 59904 ISO Request, 60928 ISO Address Claim, 65285 Temperature with Instance, 65323 Data User Group Request, 65325 Reprogram Status, 65341 Autopilot Mode, 65480 Autopilot Mode, 127245 Rudder, 127251 Rate of Turn, 127257 Attitude, 127488 Engine Parameters, Rapid Update, 127489 Engine Parameters, Dynamic, 127493 Transmission Parameters, Dynamic, 127503 AC input status, 127504 AC Output Status, 127505 Fluid Level, 127506 DC Detailed Status, 127507 Charger Status, 127508 Battery Status, 127509 Inverter Status, 129033 Time & Date, 129038 AIS Class A Position Report, 129039 AIS Class B Position Report, 129040 AIS Class B Extended Position Report, 129794 AIS Class A Static and Voyage Related Data, 129801 AIS Addressed Safety Related Message, 129802 AIS Safety Related Broadcast Message, 129808 DSC Call Information, 129809 AIS Class B “CS” Static Data Report, Part A, 129810 AIS Class B “CS” Static Data Report, Part B, 130313 Humidity, 130314 Actual Pressure, 130576 Small Craft Status, 130842 SimNet DSC Message, 130851 Event Reply, 130817 Product Info, 130820 Reprogram Status, 130832 Fuel Used - High Resolution, 130834 Engine and Tank Configuration, 130838 Fluid Level Warning, 130843 Sonar Status, Frequency and DSP Voltage,Transmit and Receive:61184 Parameter Request/Command, 65289 Trim Tab Insect Configuration, 65291 Backlight Control, 65292 Clear Fluid Level Warnings, 65293 LGC-2000 Configuration, 126208 ISO Command Group Function, 126992 System Time, 126996 Product Info, 127237 Heading/Track Control, 127250 Vessel Heading, 127258 Magnetic Variation, 128259 Speed, Water referenced, 128267 Water Depth, 128275 DistanceLog, 129025 Position, Rapid Update, 129026 COG & SOG, Rapid Update, 129029 GNSS Position Data, 129283 Cross Track Error, 129284 Navigation Data, 129539 GNSS DOPs, 129540 GNSS Sats in View, 130074 Route and WP Service - WP List - WP Name & Position, 130306 Wind Data, 130310 Environmental Parameters, 130311 Environmental Parameters, 130312 Temperature, 130577 Direction Data, 130840 Data User Group Configuration, 130845 Parameter Handle, 130850 Event Command, 130831 Suzuki Engine and Storage Device Config, 130835 SetEngineAndTankConfiguration, 130839 Pressure Insect ConfigurationTransmit only65287 Configure Temperature INSOcts, 65290 Paddle Wheel Speed Configuration, 129285 Route/Waypoint Data, 130818 Reprogram Data, 130819 Request Reprogram, 130828 Set Serial Number, 130836 Fluid Level Insect Configuration, 130837 Fuel Flow Turbine Configuration
- Standard Language Pack: English(US), English(UK), Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, SwedishAsian Language Pack: English (US), Japanese, Korean, Thai, Chinese, Eastern European Language Pack: English (US), English (UK), Bulgarian, German, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Polish, Slovak, TurkishRussia/Ukraine Language pack: English (US), English(UK), German, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, UkrainianMiddle Eastern Language Pack: English (US), English (UK), Arabic, German, Spanish, Farsi, French, Italian
- Charts supported
- Insight, Navionics (Gold, NAV+ Platinum+) , C-MAP (MAX N, MAX N+)
- Radar compatibility
- Broadband Radar, Halo Pulse Compression Radar, HD Pulse
- SD Card Storage
- 1 SD slot, or optional USB reader. max. 32GB
- SiriusXM via WM-3 (USA only), GRIB
- Internal Storage
- 90 MB
- Sonar Compatibility
- No Internal echosounder. Compatible with: SonarHub, StructureScan, StructureScan3D, BSM-3, BSM-2, BSM1 network echo sounders
- Ethernet Ports
- 3 x RJ45 1 Mbit ports, max 3 MPU on network
- NMEA 2000 Connectivity
- 1 x NMEA 2000 Micro-C port, 1 LEN
- PC Connectivity
- NMEA 0183 Sentences supported
- Input: GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, VTG, ZDA, RMC, DBT, DPT, MTW, VLW, VHW, HDG, HDT, HDM, MWV, MWD, DSC, DSE, VDM. (Note AIS sentences are not bridged to or from NMEA 2000)Output: GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, VTG, ZDA, RMC, DBT, DPT, MTW, VLW, VHW, HDG, MWV, MWD, TLL, TTM
- Inputs: 2 x composite (BNC connectors) inputs. PAL or NTSC: Output 1 x HDMI
- Item Connectivity WiFi
- Compatible with WIFI-1 external module
- Receive AIS data over NMEA 2000 or *NMEA 0183 (has to be wired to both NMEA 0183 ports on the MPU)
- Warranty Period
- 2 Years
- Touch control on Moxx-T Monitors, USB Keyboard, USB Mouse OP40, OP50 remotes
- Dimensions H x W x D
- 281 x 232 x 66 mm (11 x 9.1 x 2.5")
- via SonicHub, SonicHub2, FusionLink, *Sirius (*USA only)
- Full auto pilot control and commissioning
- Digital Switching
- BEP C-Zone
- Mounting Type
- Bracket (Supplied) , panel, flush
- 1.06 kg (2.33 lbs.)
- Steering Modes
- Auto, Nav., No Drift, Follow up, Non-follow up, Turn patterns, Standby, *Wind, *Wind NAV. (*Boat type set to Sail)
- Manouevres Turn Patterns
- U-turn, Spiral-turn, C-turn, Zig-zag, Square-turn, Lazy S-turn, Depth contour tracking
- Approvals Compliance
- CE, C-Tick, HDMI, EN 60950-1:2006, EN 60945:2002 EN 300 440-2, V1.4.1
- Storage Temperature Range
- "-20°C to +60°C (4°F to 140°F)
- Operating Temperature Range
- -15°C to +55°C (5° F to 131° F)
- Recommended Fuse Rating
- Display Resolution
- Output Resolutions 1366x768 (WXGA), 1920x1080 (Full HD 16:9), 1920x1200 (WUXGA 16:10), 1280x800 (16:10), 1280x1024 (SXGA 5:4)
- Power Consumption max
- Supply Voltage
- 9 - 31.2 V DC