ForwardScan Transducer kit
Know What Lies Ahead
ForwardScan uses forward-looking sonar to give you a clear view of the bottom ahead of your boat. This award-winning technology is a powerful defence against running aground in shallow, unfamiliar, or poorly-charted waters. ForwardScan generally offers a forward view of 4-5 times your current depth; for example in 3 metres (10 feet) of water, see the bottom 12-15 metres (40-50 feet) ahead. Under ideal conditions ForwardScan can see even further, looking ahead up to 8 times your current depth. The 180 kHz ForwardScan transducer is designed to minimise interference from common 200 kHz transducers, enabling it to be used alongside existing fish-finding or depth-tracking sonar.
Simple 2D View and Chart Overlay
See a simple, immediately understandable view of the bottom ahead. Bottom Colour Tracking shows the bottom as a solid terrain in an uncluttered, side-on picture. For more detail, you can choose to display sonar returns from throughout the water column; these can illustrate other potential hazards such as dock posts. Perfect for cruising, you can also overlay ForwardScan depth data on charts: Heading Line View uses colour-coded segments to represent deep, medium, and shallow water ahead. Depths are customisable to suit your boat’s draught, and a shallow depth alarm helps to ensure you’re never caught unaware.
Easy Installation and Maintenance
ForwardScan suits almost any vessel and hull type, thanks to its stainless steel through-hull mounting sleeve. The sleeve and included fairing block can accommodate 29 mm (1.15 inch) thick hulls at 12 degrees deadrise, or 19 mm (3/4 inch) hulls at 20 degrees. A self-closing valve means the ForwardScan transducer can be inserted and removed from the sleeve while on the water, allowing quick and easy transducer maintenance.
- Simple 2D view of the bottom ahead
- Navigate safely with ForwardScan data overlaid on charts
- Look ahead up to 8 times your current depth (generally 4-5 times)
- Designed to minimize interference from existing 200 kHz transducers
- Built-in water temperature sensor offers extra value
- Easy installation and maintenance with an on-water removable transducer
- Connects to the StructureScan® HD port on compatible displays or sounder modules
What's in the box?
- ForwardScan Sleeve and Plug
- ForwardScan Transducer only
- ForwardScan Fairing Block