NSS16 evo3S with C-MAP® US Enhanced Charts
Make the most of your boating experience
Take total control of your on-water experience. SolarMAX® IPS displays offer exceptional clarity and ultra-wide viewing angles in any light conditions, while a iMX 8 high-performance processor delivers superfast response times for seamless screen transitions. Choose between all-weather touchscreen technology or keypad with a rotary dial as the situation demands. It’s easy to monitor and control all of your on-board electronics with simple menus, customisable split-screen layouts, and a programmable function key for one-button access to the features you use most.
SolarMAX IPS displays ensure clear views in any conditions
Get a clear view under any lighting conditions with SolarMax IPS technology, which keeps everything in sight with ultra-wide viewing angles, even if you’re wearing polarised sunglasses. These all-weather screens have been engineered to withstand the heat of the summer sun and are optically bonded to prevent condensation or fogging within the display. It’s easier than ever to instantly access and control all of your on-board electronics via simple menus and customisable split-screen layouts.
Built-in high performance echosounder supports fishing and safer cruising
Just add your choice of transducer. 1kW CHIRP-enabled sonar provides exceptional bottom-tracking and fish-finding performance, including support for dual-channel CHIRP transducers that deliver multiple depth range coverage from a single unit. Dual transducer ports offer the convenience of connecting multiple transducers to a single display. Advanced processing power easily powers ActiveTarget™, the highest resolution live sonar on the market, Active Imaging™, providing picture-like views of fish-holding structure, and ForwardScan® sonar, for the safest on-water experience with crystal clear views of the bottom ahead.
Upgraded charting and embedded US Inland and Coastal C-MAP chart - US Customers Only
Choice of any split screen combination, views in 3D or Navigation perspective, and Radar overlay. Includes compatibility with a range of 3rd party chart vendors. Upgraded chart detail for the US includes three key new features - High resolution bathymetry with 1 foot contours, C-MAP Reveal embedded for Florida and Easy-Routing capabilities.
Fast and Simple networking connects a wide range of accessories
Industry-standard connectivity makes it easy to create multi-display systems and link displays to all of your on-board electronics; while a iMX 8 high-performance processor ensures engine and fuel monitoring in real-time, control of on-board sound systems and much more.
Integrate with an expanded range of 3rd party technologies - CZone® digital switching, Mercury® Smart Tow® for surf and wakeboarding, control lighting effects with an ITC Lighting control bar, and Honda ECO mode engine information. Expand your system with Simrad modules and accessories, fish smarter with the game-changing S5100 or StructureScan® 3D, and see further with legendary HALO™ Pulse Compression radar. Or, free your hands from the wheel with a fully integrated Simrad autopilot and experience enhanced autopilot functionality with SteadySteer™ (compatible with RPU drive pumps).
Wireless connectivity to your smartphone or tablet
Mirror your display to compatible iOS and Android devices and enjoy access to charts, radar, sonar, engine data and more from anywhere on board. Wireless connectivity also enables easy on-line software upgrades through any internet hotspot, giving you access to the latest features and accessory support. Or download the Simrad App for an even richer experience – from device registration, manual downloads to saving waypoints and your favourite fishing spots – accessible both on- and off- the water.
Add Halo™ Pulse Compression radar system to cruise safely through crowded harbours, navigate in poor visibility, keep an eye on distant weather calls and even locate flocks of feeding birds that hint at good fishing spots.
Latest software updates feature a host of Radar panel and AIS user improvements. These include,
- Visual enhancements to graphics and data displayed. Such as Plan Position Indicator (PPI) design improvements and AIS targets displayed as an outline of a vessel.
- A new menu structure, allowing easier access to commonly used controls and features.
- New AIS and MARPA target symbols providing additional information for stationary and moving targets supported by better graphics for clearer visual explanation.
- Moving Radar MARPA and AIS targets now display a graduated trail showing the vessel’s past position history on the radar PPI. Duration of history length can be customised.
- Simplification of displayed targets by combining MARPA and AIS targets for the same vessel as one symbol.
- A significant new safety and situational awareness tool, a Dangerous Target Alert; appearing in a pop-up window, that not only alerts the user, but guides them to the relative range and bearing of the dangerous target.
- The introduction of new ‘adjustment handles’ making it easier to set Guard zones using a touch screen.
- iMX 8 Integrated processor for superior performance
- 16-inch SolarMAX ™ IPS display with ultra-wide viewing angles; viewable through Polarized sunglasses
- Switch seamlessly between touchscreen and keypad control
- Built in high-performance echosounder with 1kW CHIRP
- Built-in GPS receiver and wireless connectivity
- Control Simrad sonar, radar, autopilot, and other accessories
- Industry-standard connectivity to engines, sound system, and more
- TripIntel™ trip planning and support for automatic routing
- Choose low-profile flush mounting or convenient bracket mounting
- Download the Simrad App and connect with smartphones, tablets, and internet hotspots
- Preloaded C-MAP® US Enhanced charts provide detailed mapping with 1-foot contours, easy routing and C-MAP® Reveal data in Florida
- Supports SteadySteer™, an autopilot performance enhancement for NAC-2 and NAC-3 autopilot computers fitted with RPU drive pumps
- Compatible with a CZone® digital switching device, enabling control from the MFD via the NMEA 2000 network
- Mercury® Smart Tow® enabled for wake shaping
- ITC Lighting systems can be controlled with an ITC Lighting control bar
- Supports Honda ECO mode engine information
- Plan Position Indicator (PPI) and AIS enhanced interface capabilities
- Supports the SiriusXM® WM-4 satellite Weather module and Fish Mapping™ service (requires a subscription, North America only)
- NMEA 2000 Connectivity
- 1 x NMEA 2000 Micro-C port, 1 LEN
- Supply Voltage
- 10 - 31.2 V DC
- Update rate
- 10 Hz
- Shock Vibration
- 100 000 cycles of 20 G
- Screen Brightness
- 1200 nits
- Operating Temperature Range
- -15°C to +55°C (5° F to 131° F)
- Internal Storage
- 16 GB
- Display Resolution
- 1920 x 1080
- SD Card Storage
- 2 MicroSD slots, max. 32GB each. Larger if formatted to NTFS
- Ethernet Ports
- 2 x 5 pin yellow connector x 10/100 Mbit
- 2 x composite (RCA connectors)video inputs. Optional video/ data cable required (P/N 000-00129-001). HDMI output
- Warranty Period
- 2 Years
- Storage Temperature Range
- -20°C to +60°C (4°F to 140°F)
- GPS Receiver Channels
- 34 Channels
- 4.65 kg (10.25lbs.)
- Power Consumption max
- 40 W
- Dimensions W x H x D
- 437 x 256 x 98 mm (117.19 x 10.08 x 3.82")with bracket: 462 x 264 x 122 (18.19 x 10.39 x 4.80")
- Compass Safe
- 50 cm (1.7 ft)
- Waypoints, Routes, Tracks
- 6000 waypoints, 500 Routes with 100 max route points, 50 tracks with up to 12,000 track points.
- Recommended Fuse Rating
- Viewing Angles
- 80° top/bottom, 80° left/right
- Steering Modes
- Auto, Nav., No Drift, Follow up, Non-follow up, Turn patterns, Standby, *Wind, *Wind NAV. (*Boat type set to Sail)
- Mounting Type
- Bracket (accessory part number 000-13760-001) or panel mount
- Radar compatibility
- Broadband Radar, Halo Pulse Compression Radar, HD Pulse Radar
- Built-in 10 Hz GNSS receiver for GPS and GLONASS, supports combinations with Galileo, Beidou, QZSS.SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN)
- Approvals Compliance
- CE, C-Tick, HDMI, EN 60950-1:2006, EN 60945:2002 EN 300 440-2, V1.4.2
- Cartography included
- Time to First Fix
- Cold start 50 sec, Satellite Reacquisition 5 sec
- Digital Switching
- C-Zone, Naviop
- Full auto pilot control and commissioning
- Full touch screen (multi-touch ) and full keypad control, OP50 remote controllers, USB Mouse
- Position Accuracy
- Horizontal Accuracy 3 m (9.8 ft)
- IEC 60945 Damp heat 66°C (150°F) at 95% relative (48 hr)
- NMEA 0183 Sentences supported
- Input: GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, VTG, ZDA, RMC, DBT, DPT, MTW, VLW, VHW, HDG, HDT, HDM, MWV, MWD, DSC, DSE, VDM. (Note AIS sentences are not bridged to or from NMEA 2000)Output: GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, VTG, ZDA, RMC, DBT, DPT, MTW, VLW, VHW, HDG, MWV, MWD, TLL, TTM
- Charts supported
- Insight, Navionics (Gold, NAV+ Platinum+) , C-MAP (MAX N, MAX N+) NV Digital (Raster US Charts)
- Connectivity Wi Fi
- IPX6 and 7
- PC Connectivity
- Receive AIS data over NMEA 2000 or *NMEA 0183 (*NMEA 0183 has to be wired to all NSS processors)
- N2K PG Ns
- Receive only59392 ISO Acknowledgement59904 ISO Request60160 ISO Transport Protocol, Data Transfer60416 ISO Transport Protocol, Connection M.65240 ISO Commanded Address60928 ISO Address Claim126208 ISO Command Group Function126992 System Time126996 Product Info126998 Configuration Information127233 Man Overboard Notification (MOB)127237 Heading/Track Control127245 Rudder127250 Vessel Heading127251 Rate of Turn127252 Heave127257 Attitude127258 Magnetic Variation127488 Engine Parameters, Rapid Update127489 Engine Parameters, Dynamic127493 Transmission Parameters, Dynamic127500 Load Controller Connection State / Control127501 Binary Status Report127503 AC input status127504 AC Output Status127505 Fluid Level127506 DC Detailed Status127507 Charger Status127508 Battery Status127509 Inverter Status128259 Speed, Water referenced128267 Water Depth128275 Distance Log129025 Position, Rapid Update129026 COG & SOG, Rapid Update129029 GNSS Position Data129033 Time & Date129038 AIS Class A Position Report129039 AIS Class B Position Report129040 AIS Class B Extended Position Report129041 AIS aids to Navigation129283 Cross Track Error129284 Navigation Data129539 GNSS DOPs129540 AIS Class B Extended Position Report129545 GNSS RAIM Output129549 DGNSS Corrections129551 GNSS Differential Correction Receiver Signal129793 AIS UTC and Date Report129794 AIS aids to Navigation129798 AIS SAR Aircraft Position Report129801 Cross Track Error129802 AIS Safety Related Broadcast Message129283 Cross Track Error129284 Navigation Data129539 GNSS DOPs129540 GNSS Sats in View129794 AIS Class A Static and Voyage Related Data129801 AIS Addressed Safety Related Message129802 AIS Safety Related Broadcast Message129808 DSC Call Information129809 AIS Class B “CS” Static Data Report, Part A129810 AIS Class B “CS” Static Data Report, Part B130060 Label130074 Route and WP Service - WP List - WP Name & Position130306 Wind Data130310 Environmental Parameters130311 Environmental Parameters130312 Temperature130313 Humidity130314 Actual Pressure130316 Temperature, Extended Range130569 Entertainment - Current File and Status130570 Entertainment - Library Data File130571 Entertainment - Library Data Group130572 Entertainment - Library Data Search130573 Entertainment - Supported Source Data130574 Entertainment - Supported Zone Data130576 Small Craft Status130577 Direction Data130578 Vessel Speed Components130579 Entertainment - System Configuration Status130580 Entertainment - System Configuration Status130581 Entertainment - Zone Configuration Status130582 Entertainment - Zone Volume Status130583 Entertainment - Available Audio EQ Presets130584 Entertainment - Bluetooth Devices130585 Entertainment - Bluetooth Source StatusTransmit60160 ISO Transport Protocol, Data Transfer60416 ISO Transport Protocol, Connection M.126208 ISO Command Group Function126992 System Time126993 Heartbeat126996 Product Info127237 Heading/Track Control127250 Vessel Heading127258 Magnetic Variation127502 Switch Bank Control128259 Speed, Water referenced128267 Water Depth128275 Distance Log129025 Position, Rapid Update129026 COG & SOG, Rapid Update129029 GNSS Position Data129283 Cross Track Error129285 Navigation - Route/WP Information129284 Navigation Data129285 Route/Waypoint Data129539 GNSS DOPs129540 GNSS Sats in View130074 Route and WP Service - WP List - WP Name & Position130306 Wind Data130310 Environmental Parameters130311 Environmental Parameters130312 Temperature130577 Direction Data130578 Vessel Speed Components
- SiriusXM via WM-3 / WM-4 (USA only), GRIB
- Standard Language Pack: English(US), English(UK), Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, SwedishOther languages supported by Unlock:Japanese, Korean, Thai, Chinese, Bulgarian, Hebrew, Croatian, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Polish, Slovak, Turkish, Russian, Ukrainian, Arabic,Farsi
- Sonar Compatibility
- Two 9 pin Xsonic Sonar ports. Sonar port 1: Single channel CHIRP, 50/200 khz, HDI. Sonar port 2: Single channel CHIRP, 50/200 khz, TotalScan, LSS HD, ForwardScan. Compatible with: SonarHub, BSM-3, BSM-2, network echo sounders
- Manouevres Turn Patterns
- U-turn, Spiral-turn, C-turn, Zig-zag, Square-turn, Lazy S-turn, Depth contour tracking
- via SonicHub2, FusionLink, *Sirius, **JL Audio. *USA only, **AUST. & NZ only)
- WASS, MSAS, EGNOS, GLONASS Galileo, Beidou, QZSS.SBAS
- Backlight Color