HALO® 2006 Open Array Radar
NEW: HALO® Open Array Radar
More Power Matters
The HALO® 2000 & 3000 array radars offer a premium experience on the water. An impressive 50W (or 130W) of power – equivalent to a 12KW (or 25KW) magnetron radar – delivers an unrivalled combination of short- and long-range coverage that enables you to see targets from six meters (20 feet) out to 72 (and 96) nautical miles with exceptional clarity. Pulse Compression technology powers confident navigation through marinas, and superior storm and hazard detection across a greater distance. The HALO® array series not only increase situational awareness and collision avoidance, but also offer higher-resolution target detection you won’t find in lower-powered radars.
The HALO 2000 and 3000-series boast an array of new features that make navigation safer and offer peace of mind. ZoneTrack™ brings the best of professional boating technology to recreational users, allowing them to track up to 50 vessels within a defined area, automatically detecting their course and speed. HALO’s Dangerous Target Alerts highlight range, graphical bearing and heading of other vessels relative to yours. Meanwhile, VelocityTrack™ uses Doppler technology to show targets colour-coded so you can identify potential threats at a glance. Because, when it comes to safety, situational awareness is everything.
Building on the HALO Legacy
The next generation of pulse compression radars, HALO 2000 and 3000 build on the features that have made HALO an established choice for boaters across the globe. The solid-state technology gets you up and running quickly, and HALO’s low-power pulsed transmissions make it safe to run in harbours and marinas. Dual Range mode allows you to keep an eye on distant weather cells, while monitoring channel markers and high-speed watercraft up close. Advanced digital signal processing gives you a clearer view of targets, helping eliminate sea clutter, while Beam Sharpening provides enhanced separation between small or distant targets. Finally, HALO 2000 and 3000 have the same footprint as their predecessors, making it easy to upgrade your current system.
Compatible with a range of Simrad® chartplotters, including NSS™, NSX™, NSO™ and GO™.
Designed with an intuitive interface, HALO arrays make operation easier with smart features like Harbour, Offshore, Bird and Weather modes. These Preset Modes require no manual tuning – just select your chosen mode and go. This simple approach also extends to fishing, with HALO’s powerful bird-finding capability which enables boaters to find flocks of birds and – more importantly – schools of fish at a distance.
HALO 3000 with Bird + Mode
Designed with an intuitive interface, HALO 3000 has smart features like Harbour, Offshore, Bird and Weather modes. These Preset Modes require no manual tuning – just select your chosen mode and go.
This simplified approach also extends to fishing, with HALO 3000’s powerful Bird+ mode – a must-have tool for sportfishing enthusiasts. Bird+ mode allows you to focus the full 130W of HALO 3000’s power on bird finding, enabling boaters to find schools of fish at up to 8nm away.
- 50W power for longer range (from 6m to up to 72nm) and higher-resolution target detection
- Advanced pulse compression technology with beam sharpening
- Simultaneous Dual Range operation
- Easy operation with Harbour, Offshore, Weather, and Bird modes
- Track up to 50 targets with ZoneTrack
- VelocityTrack Doppler technology for collision avoidance
- Dangerous Target Alerts for radar and AIS targets
- Ready instantly from standby, and in 16-25 seconds from power-on
- Available in 3-, 4- and 6-foot arrays
- Compass Safe
- STD. 1.0 m (3.3 ft) Steer 0.5 m 1.6 ft)
- Dimensions W x H x D
- 324 mm x 429 x 339 mm (12.76" x 16.81" x 13.35
- Kit weight 31.6 kg (69.7 lbs)
- Power Consumption max
- 235 W (peak, 12V) at maximum wind velocity
- Power Consumption typical
- 45-60 W (average) at zero wind velocity
- Recommended Fuse Rating
- 25 A for 12 V systems or 15 A for 24 V
- Supply Voltage
- Radar system input 12 OR 24 V DC into the RI-50; 12 V Systems 10.8 - 15 V DC, 24 V Systems 20 - 31.2 V DC. Pedestal voltage input is 50 V DC nominal generated by RI-50
- Operating Temperature Range
- -25°C to +55°C (-13°F - 131°F)
- Shock Vibration
- IEC60945 Exposed product
- Ethernet Ports
- Via RI-50, 1 x 100 Mbit RJ45 Adapter to 5 pin yellow supplied)
- NMEA 2000 Connectivity
- No NMEA 2000 Connection. Heading and other navication data is sent to the radar over the Ethernet network
- Approvals Compliance
- FCC/IC/RED Type Certification : HALO 2000 SERIES; FCC ID: RAYHALO2000 (Navico Inc.) IC ID: 978B-HALO2000 (Navico Inc.) EU RED: Emissions compliant to SM1541-4 (including -40 dB/dec future design objectives) and EN302-248 V2.1.1
- Beam width
- 1.2°+/-10% (-3 dB width) – 0.8° with Beam sharpening mode on: Vertical beam width 25° +/-10 % (-3 dB width)
- Max Range, scale
- 72 nm
- Max Wind Speed
- 80 Knots (all antenna sizes)
- Min Range, scale
- 75 m (300 ft)
- Radar Modes
- Head Up, North Up
- Radar Technology
- Pulse Compression
- Rotation speed
- 16 to 48 rpm depending on operating mode.
- Sart Racon
- Yes – trigger distance: about 1nm max – weather, seastate, and SART position dependent
- Simrad MFD
- Warranty Period
- 2 Years