NSS16 evo3 with Insight charts
16-inch Widescreen SolarMAX™ HD Display
SolarMAX™ HD display technology revolutionises the way you see your on-board electronics, with high-definition visuals and clear visibility no matter what the conditions. See clearly from any position, sitting or standing, with extra-wide viewing angles. Bright LED backlighting and an anti-reflective coating offer enhanced daytime visibility; SolarMAX™ HD displays are engineered to reliably endure the heat of the summer sun, perfect for outside installations. These all-weather screens are optically bonded to prevent condensation, and will never fog. Any time, any conditions, SolarMAX™ HD gives you the ultimate view.
Reliable Control in All Conditions
NSS evo3 displays let you take control your way. Switch seamlessly between intuitive touchscreen control with multi-touch gestures, and a full built-in keypad with rotary control dial. Every display function can be controlled by either the touchscreen or the keypad, giving you the flexibility to use whatever controls best suit current conditions and the task at hand. NSS evo3’s full keypad controls also mean you can choose to lock the touchscreen and rely on a classic button and rotary dial interface, without requiring a separate keypad.
A built-in echosounder module equips every NSS evo3 display with a wealth of Simrad sonar technologies to suit many sportfishing and cruising applications. StructureScan® HD imaging combines DownScan and SideScan sonar to provide a picture-like views of fish holding structure, while award-winning ForwardScan® sonar offers a safer cruising experience with a clear view of the bottom ahead. Broadband Sounder™ technology provides CHIRP-enabled fish-finding sonar, including support for the all-in-one TotalScan™ transducer or dual-channel CHIRP transducers. Dual-channel transducers provide coverage of multiple depth ranges and cone angles in a single unit, perfect for targeting specific parts of the water column in sportfishing applications. Dual transducer ports allow simultaneous use of either StructureScan® HD or ForwardScan® and CHIRP or traditional sonar.
Compatible with Simrad Expansion Modules
NSS evo3 displays are compatible with Simrad expansion modules including game-changing StructureScan® 3D imaging, advanced sounder module with CHIRP technology, and many other plug-and-play network modules. Module capabilities can be shared between multiple NSS evo3 displays, and sonar data from multiple sources can be viewed simultaneously on a single NSS evo3 display in a customisable split-screen configuration. The ability to add modules at any time means your Simrad display system can easily grow and change along with your boating interests and technology needs.
Radar System Control
Expand your view with Halo™ Pulse Compression radar, Broadband Radar™, or HD Digital Radar solutions. NSS evo3 displays integrate with these network-connected Simrad radar solutions to provide a full-featured radar interface complete with easy pre-set modes, custom manual tuning, MARPA target tracking, guard zones, overlay views, and many other features depending on your choice of radar system.
Simrad Autopilot Integration
Take complete control of your Simrad autopilot with the NSS evo3 touchscreen or keypad. Set a heading, maintain your current course against wind and tide, steer to a waypoint, or follow a complex route with simple on-screen controls. NSS evo3 displays can serve as the sole controller for a ‘black box’ autopilot system, or can be combined with dedicated autopilot controllers and wireless remotes. A networked Simrad autopilot system can be controlled from any NSS evo3 display on board, perfect for dual-helm vessels.
NMEA 2000® Connectivity
Industry-standard NMEA 2000® connectivity enables vessel-wide integration with a range of Simrad and third-party electronics including engine and fuel monitoring capabilities, digital instrumentation, AIS integration, sound system control, and much more.
Built-in 10 Hz GPS Receiver
All NSS evo3 displays include an integrated high-gain, high-speed GPS/GLONASS receiver that updates your position ten times per second, ideal for accurately tracking the motion of fast-moving powerboats. In outside bracket-mount installations, and in flush-mount installations in many fibreglass boats, this removes the need to purchase and install a separate GPS receiver. An optional external GPS receiver may be used as an auxiliary position source, or in certain installations that prevent a clear GPS signal from reaching the integrated receiver.
Customisable Function Key
The NSS evo3 includes a user-programmable function key to provide instant access to your choice of features. Enjoy one-button access to the feature you use most – such as navigation, autopilot, or radar. Alternatively, assign the button to a feature you’d like to keep close to hand – create a MOB key for emergencies, a dedicated key to record sonar logs for Insight Genesis, or a key to lock the touchscreen while you’re using the keypad or an external controller. You can choose any two functions – one for a quick press, and one for a long press.
Designed for power boaters, TripIntel™ technology tracks and displays the key information you need to plan safe and enjoyable days on the water. Make smart decisions with fuel range overlaid on charts, easy access to current and future tide levels, and a detailed history of your previous trips. While underway, the Cruise Performance Indicator makes it easy to tune trim and throttle to achieve maximum fuel economy and stay in the ‘green zone’, maximising range and keeping fuel costs down.
Easier Navigation with Automatic Routing
Automatic routing brings the convenience of in-car navigation to boating, helping you to plot a route and get underway with less delay. Simply select a destination, and the NSS evo3 display will suggest the shortest, safest route taking into consideration the draught and dimensions of your vessel. This feature is available with Navionics+ or Navionics Platinum charts (Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting), and with C-MAP MAX-N+ charts (Easy Routing).
* Automatic routing features are unavailable in North America.
Navionics® SonarChart™ Live support
Enjoy the most up-to-date charts on the water with Navionics SonarChart Live. Available with Navionics charts, this feature creates a depth-contour overlay using live sonar data from your display’s built-in sounder or a network sounder module. The results are shown on your NSS evo3 display and updated in real-time as you fish or cruise.
Built-in GoFree™ Wi-Fi
Built-in GoFree™ Wi-Fi enables online chart downloads, Insight Genesis map creation, and easy system-wide software updates. Browse and purchase a wide range of cartography online from the GoFree™ Shop, and download charts directly to your display’s memory card without leaving the helm. Upload sonar logs recorded on your display directly to the Insight Genesis cloud service to create detailed custom charts, a perfect way to explore your favourite inland and coastal fishing spots. GoFree™ online services can be used anywhere a Wi-Fi internet connection is available. GoFree™ Wi-Fi also enables Navionics Plotter Sync waypoint synchronisation, available with a compatible Navionics chart card and update subscription.
Smartphone & Tablet Integration with GoFree™ Link
Out on the water, GoFree™ Wi-Fi and the free GoFree™ Link app lets you view your NSS evo3 display using an Apple iPhone or Android smartphone, and control your display from an Apple iPad or Android tablet. Take your display anywhere on board for access to charts, radar, sonar, engine data, and more – exactly where and when you need it.
Multiple Mounting Options
NSS evo3 displays can be bracket mounted for easy installation almost anywhere, or flush mounted for a fully integrated Glass Bridge look and feel. These displays have a low flush-mount profile of just eight millimetres, and feature the same sleek contemporary styling as other Simrad Glass Bridge products including multifunction displays, radar control units, fish finders, autopilot controllers, instruments, and keypads.
Widest Available Cartography Support
Choose from a wide range of cartography options to best suit your location and usage with support for C-MAP MAX-N+, Navionics, Insight, Insight Genesis, and NV Digital Charts. This model includes Insight charts.
- 16-inch widescreen SolarMAX™ HD display
- Reliable control in all conditions: switch seamlessly between multi-touch and a full keypad with rotary dial
- Integrated echosounder featuring dual-channel CHIRP, ForwardScan® sonar, and StructureScan® HD imaging
- Add StructureScan® 3D imaging, advanced Broadband Sounder™ capabilities and more via Simrad modules
- Expand your view with Halo™ Pulse Compression radar, Broadband 3G™/4G™, and other Simrad radar solutions
- Take complete control of Simrad autopilot systems with the NSS evo3 touchscreen or keypad
- NMEA 2000® connectivity enables integrated engine monitoring, sound system control, and much more
- Navigate accurately with an embedded high-gain 10 Hz GPS/GLONASS receiver
- Enjoy easier trip planning with TripIntel™ technology and support for Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting/C-MAP Easy Routing (automatic routing unavailable in North America)
- Built-in GoFree™ Wi-Fi enables online features and smartphone monitoring/tablet control
- Choose flush-mount installation for a low-profile Glass Bridge look, or bracket-mount to install almost anywhere
- Includes Insight charts
10 Hz Gps
2 Year Warranty
- Waypoints, Routes, Tracks
- 6000 waypoints, 500 Routes with 100 max route points, 50 tracks with up to 12,000 track points.
- Catography included
- N2K PGNs
- Receive only 59392 ISO Acknowledgement, 59904 ISO Request, 60928 ISO Address Claim, 65285 Temperature with Instance, 65323 Data User Group Request, 65325 Reprogram Status, 65341 Autopilot Mode, 65480 Autopilot Mode, 127245 Rudder, 127251 Rate of Turn, 127257 Attitude, 127488 Engine Parameters, Rapid Update, 127489 Engine Parameters, Dynamic, 127493 Transmission Parameters, Dynamic, 127503 AC input status, 127504 AC Output Status, 127505 Fluid Level, 127506 DC Detailed Status, 127507 Charger Status, 127508 Battery Status, 127509 Inverter Status, 129033 Time & Date, 129038 AIS Class A Position Report, 129039 AIS Class B Position Report, 129040 AIS Class B Extended Position Report, 129794 AIS Class A Static and Voyage Related Data, 129801 AIS Addressed Safety Related Message, 129802 AIS Safety Related Broadcast Message, 129808 DSC Call Information, 129809 AIS Class B “CS” Static Data Report, Part A, 129810 AIS Class B “CS” Static Data Report, Part B, 130313 Humidity, 130314 Actual Pressure, 130576 Small Craft Status, 130842 SimNet DSC Message, 130851 Event Reply, 130817 Product Info, 130820 Reprogram Status, 130832 Fuel Used - High Resolution, 130834 Engine and Tank Configuration, 130838 Fluid Level Warning, 130843 Sonar Status, Frequency and DSP Voltage, Transmit and Receive: 61184 Parameter Request/Command, 65289 Trim Tab Insect Configuration, 65291 Backlight Control, 65292 Clear Fluid Level Warnings, 65293 LGC-2000 Configuration, 126208 ISO Command Group Function, 126992 System Time, 126996 Product Info, 127237 Heading/Track Control, 127250 Vessel Heading, 127258 Magnetic Variation, 128259 Speed, Water referenced, 128267 Water Depth, 128275 DistanceLog, 129025 Position, Rapid Update, 129026 COG & SOG, Rapid Update, 129029 GNSS Position Data, 129283 Cross Track Error, 129284 Navigation Data, 129539 GNSS DOPs, 129540 GNSS Sats in View, 130074 Route and WP Service - WP List - WP Name & Position, 130306 Wind Data, 130310 Environmental Parameters, 130311 Environmental Parameters, 130312 Temperature, 130577 Direction Data, 130840 Data User Group Configuration, 130845 Parameter Handle, 130850 Event Command, 130831 Suzuki Engine and Storage Device Config, 130835 SetEngineAndTankConfiguration, 130839 Pressure Insect Configuration Transmit only 65287 Configure Temperature INSOcts, 65290 Paddle Wheel Speed Configuration, 129285 Route/Waypoint Data, 130818 Reprogram Data, 130819 Request Reprogram, 130828 Set Serial Number, 130836 Fluid Level Insect Configuration, 130837 Fuel Flow Turbine Configuration
- Standard Language Pack: English(US), English(UK), Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish Other languages supported by Unlock: Japanese, Korean, Thai, Chinese, Bulgarian, Hebrew, Croatian, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Polish, Slovak, Turkish, Russian, Ukrainian, Arabic,Farsi
- Charts supported
- Insight, Navionics (Gold, NAV+ Platinum+) , C-MAP (MAX N, MAX N+) NV Digital (Raster US Charts)
- Radar compatibility
- Broadband Radar, Halo Pulse Compression Radar, HD Pulse Radar
- SD Card Storage
- 2 MicroSD slots, max. 32GB each. Larger if formatted to NTFS
- SiriusXM via WM-3 (USA only), GRIB
- Internal Storage
- 16 GB
- Sonar Compatibility
- Two 9 pin Xsonic Sonar ports. Sonar port 1: Single channel CHIRP, 50/200 khz, HDI. Sonar port 2: Single channel CHIRP, 50/200 khz, TotalScan, LSS HD, ForwardScan. Compatible with: SonarHub, BSM-3, BSM-2, network echo sounders
- Ethernet Ports
- 2 x 5 pin yellow connector x 1 Mbit
- NMEA 2000 Connectivity
- 1 x NMEA 2000 Micro-C port, 1 LEN
- PC Connectivity
- NMEA 0183 Sentences supported
- Input: GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, VTG, ZDA, RMC, DBT, DPT, MTW, VLW, VHW, HDG, HDT, HDM, MWV, MWD, DSC, DSE, VDM. (Note AIS sentences are not bridged to or from NMEA 2000) Output: GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, VTG, ZDA, RMC, DBT, DPT, MTW, VLW, VHW, HDG, MWV, MWD, TLL, TTM
- 2 x composite (RCA connectors)video inputs. Optional video/ data cable required (P/N 000-00129-001). HDMI output
- Item Connectivity WiFi
- Receive AIS data over NMEA 2000 or *NMEA 0183 (*NMEA 0183 has to be wired to all NSS processors)
- Warranty Period
- 2 Years
- Full touch screen (multi-touch ) and full keypad control, OP50 remote controllers, USB Mouse
- Dimensions H x W x D
- 437 x 256 x 98 mm (117.19 x 10.08 x 3.82") with bracket: 462 x 264 x 122 (18.19 x 10.39 x 4.80")
- via SonicHub2, FusionLink, *Sirius, **JL Audio. *USA only, **AUST. & NZ only)
- Full auto pilot control and commissioning
- Digital Switching
- BEP C-Zone, Naviop
- Mounting Type
- Bracket (Supplied) or panel mount
- 4.65 kg (10.25lbs.)
- Steering Modes
- Auto, Nav., No Drift, Follow up, Non-follow up, Turn patterns, Standby, *Wind, *Wind NAV. (*Boat type set to Sail)
- Manouevres Turn Patterns
- U-turn, Spiral-turn, C-turn, Zig-zag, Square-turn, Lazy S-turn, Depth contour tracking
- Approvals Compliance
- CE, C-Tick, HDMI, EN 60950-1:2006, EN 60945:2002 EN 300 440-2, V1.4.2
- Storage Temperature Range
- -20°C to +60°C (4°F to 140°F)
- IPX6 and 7
- Operating Temperature Range
- -15°C to +55°C (5° F to 131° F)
- Time to First Fix
- Cold start 50 sec, Satellite Reacquisition 5 sec
- WASS, MSAS, EGNOS, GLONASS
- Position Accuracy
- Horizontal Accuracy 3 m (9.8 ft)
- GPS Receiver Channels
- 34 Channels
- Update rate
- 10 Hz
- Recommended Fuse Rating
- Display Resolution
- 1920 x 1080
- Backlight Color
- Power Consumption max
- 45 W
- Viewing Angles
- 80° top/bottom, 80° left/right
- Supply Voltage
- 10 - 31.2 V DC