NSO evo2 & Insight Charts
Customize and build your perfect system
Build a tailored, multi-display system that is perfect for you and your boat with the modular NSO evo2 systems. The NSO evo2 marine processor is a compact ‘black box’ solution, containing two quad-core processors and the connectivity options needed to integrate and expand your system vessel-wide. Customize it the way you want: add two touchscreen or non-touch monitors in your choice of size, and each functions as a separate multifunction display; connect with a wide range of Simrad and third party accessories to enjoy intuitive control of charting, radar, sonar, autopilot, on-board entertainment, and much more from every networked display on board.
Dual monitor support enables two independent stations
An NSO evo2 works as the brain of your boat: a compact marine computer that is able to drive two independent touchscreen or non-touch monitors (sold separately). Each monitor works as a full-featured multifunction display providing access to charts, radar, sonar, and much more. Add two displays side-by-side at a single station, or create two separate stations for individual crewmembers to use simultaneously; the choice is yours. Network additional NSO evo2 processors to add extra displays, perfect for dual-helm vessels.
Modular design offers simple and cost effective installation
NSO evo2 offers a cost effective way to create a multi-display system for your boat, with just one ‘black box’ processor powering two separate displays. A modular design simplifies wiring and avoids carrying extra hardware, such as integrated GPS receivers or sounder modules, for every display on board. You’re free to add just the accessories you need, which connect to your NSO evo2 below deck and don’t need to be networked with each individual display at the helm.
Touchscreen, keypad, and more for intuitive control
Command NSO evo2 with Simrad MO-series touchscreen monitors, or an optional OP50 keypad and rotary dial. Switch seamlessly between both types of control, and combine the convenience of a touchscreen with the all-weather reliability of a classic keypad. You can even add a standard USB mouse, trackball, or keyboard to simplify tasks such as route planning, ideal for NSO evo2 displays installed in a pilothouse or cabin.
Quad-core processors for high performance
NSO evo2 contains two quad-core processors to deliver smooth response across both connected displays. Navigate easily with fast chart redraws, switch quickly between different displays or instruments, and enjoy reliable performance in demanding applications such as the optional StructureScan® 3D imaging system.
Connectivity to enable vessel-wide integration
NSO evo2 systems offer vessel-wide integration, with Ethernet and industry-standard NMEA 2000® connectivity to a vast selection of Simrad and third party accessories. Find fish with a wide range of sonar and transducer options, gain greater situational awareness with a Simrad radar, free your hands from the wheel with autopilot, or cruise to your own soundtrack with the SonicHub®2 marine audio system with Bluetooth music streaming.
Optional wireless connectivity to smartphones and tablets
Add an optional wireless module to connect with compatible smartphones and tablets. In a dual-display NSO evo2 system, you can mirror either display to your phone or tablet and take remote control of many display functions from anywhere on board. In a single-display installation, your smartphone or tablet can act like a second independent monitor: giving you remote access to your NSO evo2 system while leaving all of your on-board displays free for other crewmembers to use.
Simrad MO series monitors are designed for the marine environment
Our MO series marine monitors are the perfect choice to complete your NSO evo2 display system. These IPX6 water-resistant displays are available in a range of sizes, with the choice of either touchscreen or non-touch versions. Our touchscreen monitors are perfect for outdoor use, featuring extra bright sunlight-viewable screens, while our non-touch monitors are perfect for enclosed pilothouses or cabins.
- Dual video outputs to run two independent displays
- Choose from touchscreen or non-touch monitors in a variety of sizes
- Two quad-core processors for smooth response
- Easily manage custom screen layouts across multiple displays
- Add optional keypad controls or connect a USB mouse, trackball, or keyboard
- Compact, lightweight, and modular design for ease of installation
- Display Resolution
- Output Resolutions 1366x768 (WXGA), 1920x1080 (Full HD 16:9), 1920x1200 (WUXGA 16:10), 1280x800 (16:10), 1280x1024 (SXGA 5:4)
- Dimensions W x H x D
- 281 x 232 x 66 mm (11 x 9.1 x 2.5")
- Mounting Type
- Bracket (Supplied) , panel, flush
- 1.06 kg (2.33 lbs.)
- Power Consumption max
- Recommended Fuse Rating
- Supply Voltage
- 9 - 31.2 V DC
- Operating Temperature Range
- -15°C to +55°C (5° F to 131° F)
- Storage Temperature Range
- "-20°C to +60°C (4°F to 140°F)
- Ethernet Ports
- 3 x RJ45 1 Mbit ports, max 3 MPU on network
- Connectivity Wi Fi
- Compatible with WIFI-1 external module
- N2K PG Ns
- Receive only59392 ISO Acknowledgement, 59904 ISO Request, 60928 ISO Address Claim, 65285 Temperature with Instance, 65323 Data User Group Request, 65325 Reprogram Status, 65341 Autopilot Mode, 65480 Autopilot Mode, 127245 Rudder, 127251 Rate of Turn, 127257 Attitude, 127488 Engine Parameters, Rapid Update, 127489 Engine Parameters, Dynamic, 127493 Transmission Parameters, Dynamic, 127503 AC input status, 127504 AC Output Status, 127505 Fluid Level, 127506 DC Detailed Status, 127507 Charger Status, 127508 Battery Status, 127509 Inverter Status, 129033 Time & Date, 129038 AIS Class A Position Report, 129039 AIS Class B Position Report, 129040 AIS Class B Extended Position Report, 129794 AIS Class A Static and Voyage Related Data, 129801 AIS Addressed Safety Related Message, 129802 AIS Safety Related Broadcast Message, 129808 DSC Call Information, 129809 AIS Class B “CS” Static Data Report, Part A, 129810 AIS Class B “CS” Static Data Report, Part B, 130313 Humidity, 130314 Actual Pressure, 130576 Small Craft Status, 130842 SimNet DSC Message, 130851 Event Reply, 130817 Product Info, 130820 Reprogram Status, 130832 Fuel Used - High Resolution, 130834 Engine and Tank Configuration, 130838 Fluid Level Warning, 130843 Sonar Status, Frequency and DSP Voltage,Transmit and Receive:61184 Parameter Request/Command, 65289 Trim Tab Insect Configuration, 65291 Backlight Control, 65292 Clear Fluid Level Warnings, 65293 LGC-2000 Configuration, 126208 ISO Command Group Function, 126992 System Time, 126996 Product Info, 127237 Heading/Track Control, 127250 Vessel Heading, 127258 Magnetic Variation, 128259 Speed, Water referenced, 128267 Water Depth, 128275 DistanceLog, 129025 Position, Rapid Update, 129026 COG & SOG, Rapid Update, 129029 GNSS Position Data, 129283 Cross Track Error, 129284 Navigation Data, 129539 GNSS DOPs, 129540 GNSS Sats in View, 130074 Route and WP Service - WP List - WP Name & Position, 130306 Wind Data, 130310 Environmental Parameters, 130311 Environmental Parameters, 130312 Temperature, 130577 Direction Data, 130840 Data User Group Configuration, 130845 Parameter Handle, 130850 Event Command, 130831 Suzuki Engine and Storage Device Config, 130835 SetEngineAndTankConfiguration, 130839 Pressure Insect ConfigurationTransmit only65287 Configure Temperature INSOcts, 65290 Paddle Wheel Speed Configuration, 129285 Route/Waypoint Data, 130818 Reprogram Data, 130819 Request Reprogram, 130828 Set Serial Number, 130836 Fluid Level Insect Configuration, 130837 Fuel Flow Turbine Configuration
- NMEA 0183 Sentences supported
- Input: GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, VTG, ZDA, RMC, DBT, DPT, MTW, VLW, VHW, HDG, HDT, HDM, MWV, MWD, DSC, DSE, VDM. (Note AIS sentences are not bridged to or from NMEA 2000)Output: GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, VTG, ZDA, RMC, DBT, DPT, MTW, VLW, VHW, HDG, MWV, MWD, TLL, TTM
- NMEA 2000 Connectivity
- 1 x NMEA 2000 Micro-C port, 1 LEN
- PC Connectivity
- SD Card Storage
- 1 SD slot, or optional USB reader. max. 32GB
- Inputs: 2 x composite (BNC connectors) inputs. PAL or NTSC: Output 1 x HDMI
- Receive AIS data over NMEA 2000 or *NMEA 0183 (has to be wired to both NMEA 0183 ports on the MPU)
- Full auto pilot control and commissioning
- Digital Switching
- BEP C-Zone
- Internal Storage
- 90 MB
- via SonicHub, SonicHub2, FusionLink, *Sirius (*USA only)
- Sonar Compatibility
- No Internal echosounder. Compatible with: SonarHub, StructureScan, StructureScan3D, BSM-3, BSM-2, BSM1 network echo sounders
- Waypoints, Routes, Tracks
- 6000 waypoints, 500 Routes with 100 max route points, 50 tracks with up to 12,000 track points.
- SiriusXM via WM-3 (USA only), GRIB
- Manouevres Turn Patterns
- U-turn, Spiral-turn, C-turn, Zig-zag, Square-turn, Lazy S-turn, Depth contour tracking
- Steering Modes
- Auto, Nav., No Drift, Follow up, Non-follow up, Turn patterns, Standby, *Wind, *Wind NAV. (*Boat type set to Sail)
- Approvals Compliance
- CE, C-Tick, HDMI, EN 60950-1:2006, EN 60945:2002 EN 300 440-2, V1.4.1
- Touch control on Moxx-T Monitors, USB Keyboard, USB Mouse OP40, OP50 remotes
- Standard Language Pack: English(US), English(UK), Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, SwedishAsian Language Pack: English (US), Japanese, Korean, Thai, Chinese, Eastern European Language Pack: English (US), English (UK), Bulgarian, German, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Polish, Slovak, TurkishRussia/Ukraine Language pack: English (US), English(UK), German, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, UkrainianMiddle Eastern Language Pack: English (US), English (UK), Arabic, German, Spanish, Farsi, French, Italian
- Warranty Period
- 2 Years