NAC™ -D is a steer-by-wire autopilot solution for Electronic Vessel Control Systems (steering systems with a digital interface).
With NAC -D, boaters with SeaStar® Optimus®, Yanmar® VC10/JC10, Volvo® IPS/EVC or Yamaha® helm master/single engine control systems can benefit from all the full features and performance of Simrad® autopilots.
Easy to install
Requires only the connection of two Micro-C connectors – there is no requirement for an additional hydraulic pump, rudder sensor installation or dockside rudder calibration. This saves boaters’ time and money.
Featuring Continuum® steering and support for the new SteadySteer™, the NAC -D allows automatic switching between two speed profiles delivering optimal steering performance at both low and high speeds.
Choose the controller to suit your preference from dedicated controllers like the AP™ 44 or AP 48, or simply integrate with your Simrad® multifunction display.
Simrad® autopilot systems incorporate state-of-the-art electronics and represent over 70 years of experience and development. Simrad® autopilots can reduce your workload and fatigue and improve your situational awareness and safety, helping you arrive fresher at your destination.
*Steer-by-wire - digital steering, the steering signal between autopilot and actuator/pump/rudder is in the form of a digital communication protocol.
**Continuum steering - an autopilot algorithm technology based on decades of development, distilling countless hours of real world on-water experience into a system you can trust to take the helm.
***SteadySteer - an autopilot functionality allowing boaters to take immediate, manual control of the vessel through turns without having to disengage the autopilot.
- SeaStar Solutions®, Volvo®, Yanmar® and Yamaha® approved control system interface
- Control via AP™ 44, AP 48 or easily integrate with your Simrad® multifunction display
- No need for an additional hydraulic pump, rudder sensor, or dockside calibration
- SteadySteer™ feature included
- Steer to a waypoint, heading or set turn pattern, such as a U turn, Spiral turn and many more – the NAC™ -D can even initiate a zigzag turn
- CAN-bus data connectivity - connection to Optimus® steering systems via the CAN-bus data network
- Full system integration with Simrad® navigation systems via NSS™ and NSO™ multifunction display ranges
- 0,1kg (0,2 lbs)
- Compass Safe
- 0,5m (19,7")
- Operating Temperature Range
- 0C to +55C (+32F to +131F)
- NMEA 2000 Connectivity
- 2 x NME2000 Micro-C port, 2 LEN
- Warranty Period
- 2 years
- Storage Temperature Range
- -30C to +70C (-22F to +131F)
- Power Consumption max
- Power Consumption typical
- Dimensions W x H x D
- 86,5 x 20,0 x 11,5mm (3,4 x 0,8 x 0,45")
- Supply Voltage
- 9-16V via CAN
- Manouevres Turn Patterns
- C-turn, U-turn, Zigzag turn, Square turn, S-turn, Depth counter tracking (DCT)
- Drive output
- Mounting Type
- Inline with cable
- PC Connectivity
- NMEA 0183 Sentences supported
- Item Connectivity WiFi
- Drive Max Stroke
- Steering Modes
- Approvals Compliance
- Drive Max Boat Length
- Recommended Fuse Rating
- Display Resolution
- Screen Brightness
- Backlight Color
- Viewing Angles
- Compasssensor support
- NMEA 2000
- Engine Drive systems integration
- Volvo EVC, Yamaha, Yanmar, Optimus